We are seeking applicants located US & Canada with authorization to work in those countries.
Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is Silicon Valley based, profitable, high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Ken Hao (Chairman, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Mark Leschly (CEO of Universal Tennis, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partners, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
The Universal Tennis development team is looking for a mid-level full stack engineer to join our Platform team. This role provides the opportunity to work in every layer of our stack and with multiple different services and product lines. To excel in this role you should be eager to dive into any challenge and have a passion for building robust, maintainable code.
In this role you will:
- Improve the performance and reliability of our core systems.
- Work on new development initiatives that span our product teams such as group messaging.
- Write client-side and backend code for web-based & mobile applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Suggest continuous improvements in user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Have an opportunity to learn and participate in dev ops or mobile development.
- Build features that delight users and get more people playing tennis!
- 3+ years of full-stack web development
- Proficiency in C# and .NET Core
- Proficiency with React & Redux
- Proficiency with Relational Databases (SQL Server and/or MySQL) and an understanding of Document or No-SQL databases
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and other agile methodologies
- Experience and excitement for working on small teams with startup DNA
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to dive deep and solve tough problems
- Propensity to seek out, accept and integrate feedback professionally
- Self-motivated, quick/continuous learner with a passion for innovation
- Authorization to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure – App Services, Functions, Data Factory etc all a plus
- Experience building mobile first/responsive UI/UX using HTML5, CSS3 and frameworks like Bootstrap, CSS Pre/Post processors, and build tools (Webpack, Gulp)
- Familiarity with message queues and in-memory DBs such as Redis
- Experience building REST APIs
- Tennis player/fan a plus
Universal Tennis is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is fully remote. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and generous PTO. Our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Unlimited Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home