Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We’re looking for a Frontend Accessibility Engineer to build accessible, intuitive features aimed at unlocking the potential of every writer.
In this role, you will:
- Work within a passionate accessibility-focused team
- Collaborate inter-departmentally to help build effective, accessible experiences, to improve accessibility practices, and to increase accessibility knowledge among stakeholders across the organization
- 3+ years of professional experience developing software
- 1+ years of professional experience working on WCAG 2.0 AA or 2.1 AA compliance in the context of a contemporary frontend framework
- You value ensuring a quality user experience for all teachers and students, including those with disabilities
- You value code quality and well-tested code
- You have strong technical communication skills when it comes to collaborating with technical and non-technical audiences
- You’re comfortable using version management software and providing code reviews on change requests
- You’re comfortable with the idea of working with continuous integration tools and infrastructure
- You’re excited about the opportunity to coach other developers in accessibility
- You’re excited to learn the Elm language, even if you haven’t used Elm before
- You’re comfortable working closely with designers and product managers
- You have experience using screenreader software on desktop
- You’re open to working remotely with a distributed team
What NoRedInk Offers:
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The opportunity to help millions of students and teachers improve the state of writing education
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.