Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic, and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our distributed team members never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking for a front-end engineer who, along with the rest of the web team, will help design, develop, improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our entire public web presence: our search interfaces and booking tool, our user account experience, our SEO properties, and more. You will build small features and make minor bugfixes yourself; collaborate with frontend, backend, and platform engineers to develop more substantial features; write unit and integration tests; and deploy your own code to our production servers.
- 2+ years of experience in frontend development
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, such as Sass and Less
- Proficiency in one or more application state management libraries such as Redux or Flux
- Familiarity with one or more unit- or integration-testing tools like Jest, Ava, Puppeteer, or Cypress
- Familiarity with REST API interaction
- Familiarity with node.js
- Ability to build pixel-perfect implementations from design wireframes and storyboards
- Health benefits including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit from the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Compensated travel tickets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.