We’re on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Who we are:
We’re an action management platform that makes it easy for organizations to improve their morale, engagement, and performance—every single week. At Humu, we know that all great things start small, which is why we give people the exact step-by-step support they need to reach big goals.
We are looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
As a Freelance Translator, Korean, you will work directly with the Localization Manager and join a team of translators localizing Humu into 20+ languages. Working with our team of Korean translators, you will help maintain the voice and tone for Korean at Humu and ensure we speak to our global customers in a way that feels local and adapted to them.
We are looking for someone who is an expert in their language and is comfortable adapting the source text so that it feels natural in their language (transcreation encouraged!). You are familiar with the recent trends in writing for diversity and inclusion and can apply that knowledge to your translations.
What you’ll do:
- Working with Humu’s team of Korean translators, translate & edit Humu’s content into Korean, in particular our Nudges (small, personalized coaching moments that an employee receives in the flow of their work) and our User Interface (initially, ~40,000 words over 2-3 months)
- Help maintain our Korean glossary and style guide
- To start, help us get through a backlog of ~20,000 source words; then ongoing translation and review work of ~5,000 words/month (average) into Korean
- Periodic Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) of translated content in-context, fixing linguistic issues and reporting non-linguistic issues
- Native fluency in Korean and business proficiency in English
- Experience with translation management systems / computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- 3+ years of experience translating, copy editing, or similar
- Comfortable working in tandem other translators and sharing and receiving translation feedback
- Bonus: Experience with human resources; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and/or behavioral change content
This is a contract role.