We’re on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Who we are:
We’re an action management platform that makes it easy for organizations to improve their morale, engagement, and performance—every single week. At Humu, we know that all great things start small, which is why we give people the exact step-by-step support they need to reach big goals.
We are looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
As a Freelance Translation Editor, Russian, you will work directly with the Localization Manager and join a team of translators localizing Humu into 20+ languages. Alongside our Russian translator, you will help maintain the voice and tone for Russian at Humu and ensure we speak to our global customers in a way that feels local and adapted to them.
We are looking for someone with an eye for detail who is an expert at editing Russian translations to adhere to a glossary and style guide, while still reading naturally in Russian (we encourage creative translation/transcreation). You are familiar with the recent trends in writing for diversity and inclusion and can apply that knowledge to your translation edits.
What you’ll do:
- Edit translations of Humu’s content into Russian, in particular our Nudges (small, personalized coaching moments that an employee receives in the flow of their work) and our User Interface
- Help maintain our Russian glossary and style guide
- Ongoing review work of ~5,000 source words/month (average), translated into Russian
- Periodic Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) of translated content in-context, fixing linguistic issues and reporting non-linguistic issues
- Native fluency in Russian and business proficiency in English
- Experience with translation management systems / computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- 3+ years of experience translating, copy editing, or similar
- Comfortable working in tandem with another linguist and sharing and receiving translation feedback
- Bonus: Experience with human resources; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and/or behavioral change content
This is a contract role. This role is not open to candidates based in Russia.