Are you a wordsmith with an interest in character design and brand creation?
We are looking for a self-motivated and observant copywriter to help bring together the story of the creative process of a new brand character. The story will be in book form and cover the initial creation, iterations and usage of said character.
To be successful you should be able to follow guidance, accept feedback, and meet deadlines while maintaining and sharing your own ideas aimed at how we can build this story.
This is a freelance, remote role.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide copy for the book describing production and use of character
- Gather interview material from stakeholders, either attending interviews or reviewing recordings
- Align copy with current company vision and messaging
- Work closely with the design team to determine copy needs in different sections. Including illustration comments, introductory text, brand guides, use case descriptions, credits etc.
- Collaborate with internal copy team for reviews and edits
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy
- Experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct and on brand
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of partners and internal stakeholders
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Great organizational skills
- An eye for detail and a desire for perfection
- Strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals
- Experience with the following programs: Google Suite, Basecamp, JIRA, Confluence, Figma, Miro
- Experience in the video games industry or an interest in video gaming
- Experience in book production
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in in-game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Xsolla is headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, and cities worldwide. Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit xsolla.com
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!