Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
– Drive access and inclusivity
– Build a better system
– Own the solution
– Iterate and experiment
– Succeed together
Overview of Role
Climb is seeking a data-savvy and detail-oriented financial operations professional to ensure that our rapidly growing loan origination and payments platform runs efficiently and without error. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Operations, your responsibilities will include learning and running numerous tools to execute loan fundings, monthly and ad-hoc reporting, and managing the flow of money. This analyst will grow into more responsibilities, including automating current processes, developing new reports, and identifying important QA checks for money handling. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for technology, professional demeanor, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. To excel in this role, you should also have an intense attention to detail and an eagerness to tie numbers out. Your work will be highly impactful in supporting our student lending business and your contributions will directly influence Climb’s strategy and expansion.
- Learn all financial operation processes and take ownership of said processes
- Run loan allocation, funding, and monthly reports with impeccable accuracy
- Understand report outputs and learn to verify, check, and QA results
- Automate and improve current financial operations through SQL and Microsoft Power BI
- Work closely with external investors to troubleshoot financial differences
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally to improve loan operations
- Grow to own financial operations processes and management of financial data
Your Background and Skills
- 2-4 years of experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Power BI or similar visualization tool experience
- Working knowledge of Snowflake/SQL
- Python skill is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a detailed-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- The ideal candidate will have a team-first mindset, and is excited to join a fast-growing startup and is inclined toward taking action and initiative.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.