Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system – about 480 kilowatts in size – can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
We have an amazing opportunity for a detail-oriented and financially-minded team member to solve hard problems and push renewable energy forward.
In this role, you’ll utilize your modeling expertise to help make investment decisions in order to develop commercial and industrial solar projects across the country. Specifically, you’ll work in partnership with Wunder’s development, capital markets, product, and platform teams to make modeling decisions, resolve issues and implement changes to help enhance and optimize our project finance model. Your day-to-day responsibilities may vary, and will include evaluating our current financial modeling framework, performing detailed research and analysis to support model improvements, and structuring changes to our financial model as needed.
If you get excited about using and structuring financial models to make investment decisions, helping close million-dollar deals, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make this happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- Financial Modeling Experience – You have 5+ years of financial modeling experience within investment banking, private equity, commercial real estate or other relevant commercial investment opportunities. You’re confident in building complex financial models, utilizing models to make investment recommendations, and autonomously running complex problems to the ground.
- Quantitative, Analytical & Detail-Oriented – You’re a modeling and Excel guru with an analytical, quantitative mind. You’re comfortable taking ownership over spreadsheets and nothing beats developing elegant, analytical solutions to complex problems.
- You Have a Product Mindset – You’re not looking for a traditional modeling role. You’re passionate about using technology to standardize commercial solar, and you’re excited about partnering with Wunder’s Product, Engineering & Platform teams to shape our modeling technology strategy for years to come.
- You have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You Do What It Takes – Although you don’t need experience in solar, you should be adept at filling in your knowledge gaps and getting up the learning curve on new subjects quickly. Evaluating investment models and transactions, assessing risk, and refining our practices will be at the core of your role. You’re comfortable representing our team and our risk posture both internally and occasionally externally.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and efficient ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
Salary & Equity
The base salary range for this role is $110,000 – $175,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
Benefits & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team off-sites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication