Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Amazon; Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Ken Hao (Managing Partner, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
We are looking for a detail oriented Business Intelligence Analyst with the ability to bridge financial metrics with data analytics. You will work cross functionally with the Accounting, Sales and Data Science teams. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards and reports to facilitate revenue recognition and reporting metrics for the Company. You will report directly to the Director of Data Sciences.
In this role you will:
- Develop, define, create and maintain reports and dashboards to monitor the Company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist Data Science team to ensure data integrity in all reporting, across multiple data source platforms (Stripe/Apple, Data Warehouse, Salesforce, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Create custom analyses and visualizations for various company stakeholders.
- Be the Accounting and data science liaison between business units to ensure complete, accurate and consistent reporting.
- Act as the Company representative with Payment Processing vendors to facilitate revenue calculation.
- Support CFO and vertical leads/sales teams with SalesForce integration and data analytics and related dashboards, sales contracts, reconciliation, etc.
- Provide financial planning and analysis to support business verticals
- Use your responsive, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to own and complete tasks from ideation to execution to measurement
- 2-3 years’ experience in business intelligence, data analytics, and finance
- BA/BS degree in related fields (Accounting, business, statistics, computer science)
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience with Business intelligence tools (e.g., Qliksense, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Periscope)
- Experience presenting, visualizing and working with and reconciling in Excel/Google Sheets
- Lookup, Math operations, Logical operators, string functions, datetime functions
- Creating and analyzing bar charts, histograms, line plots, scatter plots, waterfall charts, chart design
- Experience visualizing, working with, and reconciling data in Python using Jupyter/Google Collab or R
- Familiar with the following data structures: lists, dictionaries, tuples, DataFrames, arrays
- Familiar with the following Python libraries or similar ones in R: NumPy, Pandas, datetime, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, string functionality
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally with a remote workforce across all levels of the organization
- Solid understanding of GAAP and accounting principles.
The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, but this position can be remote with willingness to travel. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with long term and short-term disability.