Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We launched Pearl Health because we believe primary care providers, armed with the proper tools and resources, can have an outsized impact in achieving high-quality, affordable healthcare. We foresee a shift to an increasingly value-based future where physicians and provider groups will participate in the value they create for the healthcare system and will increasingly require proper tooling, information systems, capital support, and technology to succeed in these models.
We are a team of physicians (Groups), practice-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar), technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Today, we support over 100 providers in value-based Medicare models and are on track to substantially increase the Medicare population we will be responsible for managing with our physician partners for 2023 (+$700M of Medicare benchmark risk). Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking an exceptional healthcare executive who is eager to help us grow our enterprise partnership capacity in a startup environment. Our Enterprise Lead will be is responsible for the expansion of our provider network, focused on converting qualified opportunities into Participating Providers in Medicare’s Direct Contracting / ACO REACH program. As you come up to speed, you will own the development of relationships with organizations managing Primary Care Physicians across the US, educating leadership on the benefits of value-based care broadly, the Direct Contracting / ACO REACH programs specifically, and how Pearl can help them succeed in stabilizing their revenue and participating in the value they create by effectively managing their patient panels.
This position requires the ability to make cold outreach to payors and enterprise provider prospects and, concisely communicate with C-Level, and walk them through sophisticated performance analyses and nuanced regulatory questions. In collaboration with our Technology and Growth teams, you will exceed baseline performance metrics, understand the dynamics of your assigned targets, and stay thoroughly informed on healthcare industry trends. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to dig into the possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
What an Enterprise Lead means to us…
- Build, manage, execute against targeting methodology, prospect funnel, relationships with key targets (especially payors) to achieve key performance indicators
- Articulate vision of enterprise product offering (primarily, payor prospects; secondarily, enterprise provider prospects) in partnership with tech, other Growth tram members, and marketing
- Facilitate and contribute to a feedback loop around Enterprise targets, based on direct prospect reactions, synthesized insight, and other critical data points
- Serve as steward of sales process for payors and groups with a set minimum number of lives, ensuring that key actions, deliverables, and analysis are delivered on a timely basis to achieve enterprise-focused sales objectives
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Design and improve the communication modules, outreach mechanisms, and rewards that further engagement with our provider partners
- Identify local and market-specific insights and willingness to travel to assigned geographies for live prospecting
- Attend networking events, community events and conferences to generate partners
- Perform calculations and leverage analytics to provide prospects and existing partners with forecasted performance metrics
- Use database, CRM, or other software to meticulously track progress with opportunities as you manage your markets
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-12 years of experience in network contracting and development or other relevant payor and/or provider leadership-facing field. Experience with ACOs is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- You are relentless but patient. You are constantly hunting for prospects but also understand that the contracting cycle requires lots of touches with potential partners.
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
This role will be remote but will require travel in the region around which the employee is located to meet with physicians in his or her markets of responsibility.
Remote Work and Covid-19
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected base pay range for this position is between $145,000 and $200,000 per year. Base pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/