We are currently seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team. As part of the job, you will drive opportunities to create integration and leverage data sources to help improve account realized value. Reporting to the Leader of Portfolio Performance Solutions, you will work closely with our clients, Product and Engineering teams along with Solution Architects in Business Operations & Delivery to create impactful solutions and improve account realized value.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada or the US for this position.
- As an IT consultant leader, you will report to the leader of a new team focused on the overall portfolio impact strategy/reporting for new enterprise accounts.
- Define plans (including data strategy/integrations) for new accounts that ensure ongoing engagement and future road mapping is supported by current project success
- Work closely with solutions architects in Business Operations & Delivery to provide direction on the account master plans.
- Provide ongoing consultancy to customers in guiding their data foundations strategy on a quarterly business.
- Continuously define a 12-24 month roadmap of BenchSci’s strategy with each account (i.e. future systems we deliver, next wave of integrations, and data sources we BenchSci can absorb including who coordinates those systems)
- Develop strategies and communicate the value/cost-savings for accounts to sunset internal legacy systems that BenchSci makes obsolete.
- Guide accounts on ML/AI market best practices for other projects they’re running internally and document any use cases that may inform a future product roadmap.
- Exercise senior thought leadership and drive value creation for customers
- Identify all opportunities to create integration and leverage data sources to help improve account realized value
- Anticipate client needs, identify, and champion opportunities for the development and implementation of new services and methods to meet or exceed client needs.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the technology and services teams to ensure adherence to both project deliverables and operational kpi’s
- Partner with stakeholders to deliver, maintain and operate enterprise-wide solutions
- Work as part of the core account team to resolve issues, identify risks, and create future proof solutions
- Integrate security standards and processes into solutions to meet and sustain compliance with both BenchSci and client mandates
- Develops strong working relationships with Technology teams to encourage systems solutions that meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of Pharmaceutical R&D IT experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- 8+ years in infrastructure architecture, database architecture or application development
- Experience with designing solutions of varying complexity in a SaaS environment
- Experience leading client-facing initiatives, including presenting complex solutions to internal and/or external stakeholders
- Handled multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for learning, consistently teaching yourself new things and growing your skills
Nice to Have:
- You have a biology background, either through education or a career path
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.