At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the role:
Vercel is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Turborepo team!
Turborepo is Vercel’s open source Monorepo build system. Through incremental execution, remote caching, and intelligent task scheduling, Turborepo can reduce software build and test times by 85% or more.
The Turborepo team works both open source and cross-functional product engineering. The team is responsible for the development of the Turborepo open source project, Vercel’s Remote Cache service, and Monorepo experience on the Vercel Platform. The Turborepo team will be essential in ensuring the Vercel platform provides the ultimate developer experience for large codebases.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and mentor a team that is experiencing hyper growth.
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through one-on-one’s and team meetings.
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout Vercel — moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- You can keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple projects.
- Build rapport with each member of the Engineering Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Collaborate across various disciplines to help set technical roadmaps that will achieve business goals through engineering best practices.
- Strong hands-on technical background and you are a skilled engineering leader with 3+ years leading/managing engineering teams.
- You have a strong background in leading a team of Engineers working in our stack (TypeScript, Golang, Rust, AWS, Node.js, Terraform, or Kubernetes).
- You are adaptable, and have worked for fast-growing companies and know-how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- You are motivated by building effective engineering teams and are happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code when needed.
- Experience shipping and operating crucial products and infrastructure.
- You are located in the Americas time zones.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe.
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Unlimited vacation policy – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.