Engineering Manager, Wallet Services
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager who will join our team in the United States.
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Grow the team and actively help shape the culture of open communication, craftsmanship, and ownership
- Take direct responsibility for quality and delivery of the team’s work
- Own all technology and services that power the “technology and product admin” experiences, including internal tools and special-purpose CLIs
- Act as a strong, positive bridge between engineering teams and product operations, support, and compliance teams
- Own, drive, and be accountable to KPIs pertaining to efficiency of internal operations, aspects of client experience like know your customer (KYC) and user onboarding speed, and transaction monitoring
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objectives
- Align the team to broader company objectives and client expectations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, strong collaboration, demonstrating accountability, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Work experience as a manager or similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 2+ years in a managerial role leading engineers
- Strong desire to automate where possible and build tooling for a more efficient workflowsStrong debugging skills and ability to grasp the interconnected nature of complex systems
- Proven experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent
- Experience working in a cross-team environment, collaborating with and enabling other functions to drive broader departmental goals
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with NodeJS, React, Angular, MongoDB would be considered a plus
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.