Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to further our quest to help every student harness the power of the written word.
In this role, you will:
- Work with teams of engineers, designers, and product managers to set and meet goals through superior planning, timely delegation, and effective execution
- Provide your direct reports with mentorship and guidance, overseeing their career growth, morale, job satisfaction, and productivity
- Conduct regular one-one-ones with your reports, providing them a space to voice their needs, aspirations, concerns, and questions
- Oversee employee performance and growth, conducting mid-year and end-of-year reviews and helping your reports set and progress toward their personal and professional goals
- Participate on our management team, continually working on ways to improve the company as a whole while simultaneously learning and growing as a leader
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager and love helping others grow and develop
- Possess strong leadership, engineering, and project management skills
- You have a servant-leader mindset, empowering team members by removing obstacles and helping them grow through coaching and mentorship
- You’ll enjoy working with a team spanning US-Pacific to Central European Time
- You’re excited to work with functional programming languages like Elm and Haskell
- Experience working with marketing & growth teams, content management systems, rapid prototyping, A/B testing and experiment design
- Experience with accessible web design, knowledge of related standards, and understanding of issues related to assistive technologies, multimedia, and learning environments
What NoRedInk Offers:
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. and Canada Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The opportunity to help millions of students and teachers improve the state of writing education
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.