Noyo is the leading benefits infrastructure company, enabling seamless data connectivity across the benefits ecosystem. We believe every person should have access to great benefits that are easy to understand, easy to use, and have them covered when they need it most.
In service of that mission, we provide modern infrastructure to power the next generation of consumer health and benefits experiences. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, Noyo makes it possible for developers to embed benefits into any app.
We are a rapidly-growing technology company backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of benefits.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
Noyo makes it simple for any software company to embed benefits into their offering through a combination of powerful APIs, robust dashboards, and out-of-the-box tooling. At Noyo, we believe in making a significant investment in not just the technical aspects of engineering, but also the people. We look for our engineering managers to be technically strong, but rather than spending the majority of their day coding, they focus on the recruiting, hiring, and development of the engineers on our team. Engineering managers will work with engineers and cross-functional team members on the systems and products that support all we do here at Noyo.
We’re looking for engineering managers passionate about building high-performing teams of diverse engineers and then setting them up for success. We also value engineering managers who can reason with complex systems and provide technical guidance to their team members as they work through problems.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit, hire, and develop the careers of a team of engineers.
- Provide technical, architectural, design, and project guidance to team members.
- Work on overarching engineering initiatives and programs (e.g., code review process, pair programming practices, incident management).
- Help define and refine engineering policies (e.g., compensation philosophy, engineering levels, performance management).
- Be a vital member of the team defining and building the engineering culture at Noyo.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience hiring and managing a team of diverse engineers that are solving challenging technical problems.
- Ability to work very well cross-functionally and foster an environment of collaboration within an engineering team.
- Experience managing software projects across the entire SDLC in a cloud-based environment.
- At least 3 years of experience as a manager, in addition to 5+ years of overall engineering experience.
- Experience at start-ups or high growth companies.
You Might Work On
- Constantly iterating and improving on our engineering interview process to optimize for candidate experience, strong signal, and equitable outcomes.
- Building the ideal engineering onboarding experience – getting new hires up to speed quickly and setting them up for success.
- Designing and rolling out new graduate and intern programs for engineers at Noyo.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages – You’ll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance – Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs – Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account – 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits – Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend – Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support – 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off – Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off – Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays – Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it’s client sensitive.
Tech Stack – We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours – To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we’ve implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.