POSITION: Director of Operations
COMPANY: Empowering Women Physicians
REPORTING TO: CEO, Dr. Sunny Smith
STATUS: Full-time employee (32 to 40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Remote, North America resident
COMPENSATION: $80,000 / year
START DATE: May 31st, 2022
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: May 12th, 2022
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS POSITION
Empowering Women Physicians, founded by Dr. Sunny Smith, helps physicians stop sacrificing themselves for others and finally start prioritizing themselves. The Empowering Women Physicians Coaching Program is the most comprehensive, collaborative coaching program to help women physicians actually enjoy the life they worked so hard to create.
Dr. Smith is excited to bring a Director of Operations into her rapidly growing company. The Director of Operations works under the direction of our CEO, Sunny Smith, and will have core competencies in project and launch management, team leadership, program management and strategic guidance. The goal of this role is to remove the CEO from day-to-day operations so she can focus on client delivery, leadership and strategic partnerships. You will support the CEO in a way that turns her vision into reality through team and operations management. This is a strategic, leadership, and management level role, that also requires some implementation. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in an operations management role for businesses that leverage digital marketing, has launch management experience, is a proven leader and has previously worked on a remote team.
The role is full-time, fully remote, and flexible; however, due to the nature of the employment, we are only able to hire North American residents. For the right person, there is room for growth. Under-represented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR EMPOWERING WOMEN PHYSICIANS IF…
- You love empowering women, stand for race and gender equity and strongly connect with the importance of diversity and inclusion.
- You can drive a CEO’s vision by building out projects and seeing them through completion.
- You are able to think strategically at a high level and have confident, data-based conversations with a CEO by offering counterpoints regarding strategy and planning.
- You have previously managed all the pieces of a launch and being in launch mode energizes and excites you.
- You are proactive, flexible, results-oriented, and comfortable in a virtual, autonomous environment.
- Your leadership style is loving and kind, yet firm. You’re willing to hold people accountable for results.
- You’re a reliable teammate and can be counted on doing what you say you’ll do.
- You thrive on handling behind-the-scenes work that enables others to do their jobs better.
- You approach difficult situations with a positive perspective.
- You are a self-starter; you anticipate needs and proactively take action.
- You are solutions-focused and can think creatively to problem-solve and navigate through a roadblock.
- You are meticulous and have a keen eye for every single detail, double-checking and testing before something goes live.
- You have worked virtually on a remote team for at least 5 years.
- You have experience working in the coaching industry.
- You have proven experience as a DOO (at least 1 year).
- You are dedicated, loyal and seeking a long-term working relationship, where you are valued as an essential team member.
- You’re a roll up your sleeves and get the job done kind of person, willing to do implementation until a larger team is hired and trained.
- You are committed and dedicated to the mission, vision and values of the team.
- You take accountability and ownership and truly excel at your roles.
- You are comfortable with your voice, willing to ask questions early and often.
If working with us sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, here are the key responsibilities:
Project & Launch Management
- Own project management for the company, overseeing the project management tool of your choice (we currently use ClickUp).
- Translate the CEOs vision into detailed project plans and manage the day-to-day project deliverables and deadlines, ensuring the team is clear on expectations, deadlines and assignments.
- Own launch management for the company, overseeing launch planning and execution, coordinating with contractors as needed.
- Audit past launches, reviewing launch metrics to create a launch plan and timeline.
- Provide launch support, answering customer support inquiries and connecting with coaches to answer questions.
- Plan and manage logistics of in-person events, retreats, and/or conferences.
- Serve as the final check before any new system or technology goes live by thoroughly testing everything.
- Own the cycle of Human Resources, anticipating talent needs, hiring, recruiting, onboarding, training and offboarding team members.
- Manage team performance to ensure projects and deliverables stay on track.
- Plan and lead all team meetings; schedule additional meetings, reviews, check-ins as needed.
- Train and lead the team to use the project management tool as well as established systems and processes.
- Ensure the team is healthy, functional, communicative and cohesive.
- Audit coach invoices for accuracy.
Strategic Guidance & Leadership
- Protect the CEO’s time, ensuring she can be a leader and visionary and not a manager and implementer.
- Makes data-driven decisions to move the team, our systems and processes forward to hit company goals.
- Assist in strategy, ideation, and improvements for our programs and events.
- Own company-wide KPIs, especially course KPIs, reporting regularly and making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Own coaching program management from client onboarding to client offboarding, including client billing.
- Optimize the client journey and experience, overseeing all aspects of client delivery.
- Oversee student retention and satisfaction, dealing with any high-level customer support issues.
- Own coaching program emails, preparing, editing and approving them in advance of scheduled send dates.
- Coordinate with program speakers, coaches and small groups; manage booking process (as necessary) and keep schedules up to date.
- Own post-program survey, reporting and delivery of CME certificates.
- Facebook group management and approval.
- Provide customer support answering questions and interfacing with clients as needed.
Tools + Tech
- Google Suite
ABOUT DR. SUNNY SMITH & EMPOWERING WOMEN PHYSICIANS
Dr. Sunny Smith helps women physicians enjoy this life they worked so hard to create, coaching women who are struggling and want to create the best version of their life through work on acceptance, self-compassion, compassion for others, setting boundaries, dreaming of possibilities and making them come true.
Her Empowering Women Physicians Coaching Program is the premier coaching program in the industry providing life and business coaching through 1:1 coaching, small and large group coaching formats, delivered through an 8-week program created for physicians, led by physicians.
- Radical Customer Love
- Our clients come first. They work hard. They are amazing. We do everything in our power to support them and help them have the greatest impact in the world.
- Mission Driven
- We are driven by service and impact.
- We lead with compassion to normalize and humanize the full lived experience of being a physician and acknowledge our shared common humanity.
Feminism, diversity, advocacy, racial and gender equity and social justice are a core part of our beliefs and what we stand for.
- Growth Mindset
- We are a coaching company. To fit in here you should believe in the value of managing your mind, working on becoming the best version of yourself, being a self-directed learner, taking responsibility for your results, constantly innovating and improving personally and in the company.
Insight on Dr. Smith
- Enneagram: 7
- Strengths Finder: Positivity
- DiSC: Influence
APPLY HERE prior to May 12th.
Empowering Women Physicians is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender, and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are not able to sponsor employment visas.