Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks. Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver and Hayward-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector and beyond. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Embedded/FPGA Electrical
Engineer to join our team in Princeton, NJ.
As an Electrical Engineer for FPGAs at Aeris, you will be responsible for assisting in the design of electronic sensor systems firmware. We are seeking competent, motivated candidates that possess suitable skills, a strong desire to learn, organizational skills, attention to detail, and clear communication abilities.
- Assist in design and revision work for hardware, software, and firmware in a small R&D design team
- Assist in logistics for deployment of firmware into custom hardware.
- Develop documentation and engineering reports.
- Assist in testing of developed systems.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors in electrical/computer engineering with a focus on computing systems and algorithms
- Experience with handling sensitive electronic components, including use of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other electronic test equipment for electronics engineering.
- Familiarity with conversion of memory/ALU intensive mathematical algorithms to FPGA fabric
- In depth knowledge of C and HDL
- In depth knowledge of digital buses such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.
- Experience with developing simulations of hardware and software
- In depth experience with embedded Linux systems
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision after understanding a task to be completed.
- Familiarity with Xilinx environment
- Familiarity with TI or other microcontrollers and standalone DSPs
- Familiar with firmware development environments and revision control software.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by learning and being a proactive member of the team.
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice – choice between public transportation, or wellness assistance
- Salary range: $86,000 – $116,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment – Must reside near Princeton, NJ
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.