Raken is a cloud-based, mobile, collaboration platform for the construction industry — we empower the people who build the world! Our goal is to transform the way the world builds by introducing technology to a 7,000 year old industry. To achieve this, we aim to attract unique, passionate people to the cause. We believe that faster, better reporting will improve the working lives of nearly 10% of the US labor force—the percentage of people currently working in construction. Helping turn the worst part of their day into the easiest (and fastest) is why we do what we do! We work with Commercial, Residential, and Specialty Contractors of all shapes and sizes; including many of the largest construction companies in the world.
Raken is seeking an Email/Marketing Automation Manager to join our growing team! This role can be fulfilled either in our Carlsbad, California office, remotely or in a hybrid role. Ideal candidates will be located in Southern California.
The Email/Automation Marketing Manager will guide and develop a robust email program using Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly known as Pardot). This role focuses on developing email communications/paths to engage the consumer across the full lifecycle from prospect to paid user. A successful candidate has expertise in audience segmentation, email marketing, performance tracking and optimization, and marketing automation platforms. We are committed to both Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot), and you are expected to be an expert in both platforms.
This is a high visibility role that requires close partnership across Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Agency partners, etc., and requires strong skills in effective verbal and written communication as well as the ability to influence stakeholders at all organizational levels. You are expected to be knowledgeable of and apply industry-best practices for email marketing, email attribution and reporting, as well as tracking and managing database performance.
- Maintain an organized information architecture across your projects, campaigns, naming conventions, etc. to ensure proper performance tracking
- Possess HTML/CSS skills and can autonomously define and develop email templates and automations that are customizable and scalable
- Create and implement nurture journeys through the Engagement Studio program
- Define, Implement and execute campaigns based on agreed upon requirements with Marketing leadership
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy for email marketing campaigns, including subject lines, dynamic content, layout and targeting
- Possess the ability to create complex segmentation (inclusion, exclusion, targeting, hygiene), define automation rules, evaluate gaps, suggest operational efficiencies
- Act as the subject matter expert on email and marketing automation and work cross-functionally with stakeholders to proactively suggest process and system improvements to drive more value from our solutions
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues in relation to the systems you own, work collaboratively to implement and document solutions
- Maintain effective lead scoring models that move prospects through the lifecycle of MCL, MEL, MQL, SAL, SQL based on behavioral, account, and persona-based data
- Define reporting on email KPIs including testing, overall performance, and the contribution to MQL and Opportunity creation
- Thorough understanding of how to use UTMs for tracking marketing performance
- Ability to assist our Marketing Analyst to report on the effectiveness of lead scoring, engagement studios, email testing and performance
- Exhibit professionalism and accountability in all aspects of role
- Make good decisions based on available data and situational awareness
- Contribute to the culture of Raken and the Marketing team by embodying our core values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience as a manager of Email / CRM Marketing, Marketing Automation, Demand Gen, Lifecycle Marketing, or similar role at a B2B SaaS operation
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Pardot and Salesforce; Pardot certification required
- Understanding of lead routing from a multi-channel marketing approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational behavior
- Ability to manage time effectively and balance multiple projects at the same time while navigating changing priorities
- Experience using Outreach, Lean Data, and Chilipiper strongly preferred
- Medical, dental and vision with generous employer contribution
- Generous PTO
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Continuing education
- Free on-site gym
- Monthly Social Events
- Excellent company culture
- Modern office with Ocean view and amenities
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture but is a key contributor to our success. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Our Culture is Top Priority! We have a hardworking team that loves to make a significant positive impact and have fun while doing it. Core values we live by: Take Ownership, Elevate Others, Keep Evolving, Stay Balanced, Let’s Go! We invite you to learn more about us: https://www.rakenapp.com/