As the Director, Talent Strategy & Operations, you will report into the VP, People and partner closely with the People Centers of Expertise and other Skilljar leaders to drive the talent acquisition efforts. You will design, drive, and improve the overall candidate experience through talent branding, full lifecycle talent acquisition, and onboarding for all technical and non-technical roles. You will be responsible for developing and growing a Talent Acquisition function, selecting and leading the people, systems, and program metrics needed in a world-class recruitment function that champions equity and inclusion in all steps of the process.
How you’ll make a difference
- Lead, develop, manage, and scale a Talent Acquisition team to deliver against ongoing headcount planning, collaborating closely with the Finance team and creating a strong business partnership with functional leaders throughout the company to deliver on business goals and initiatives.
- Challenge the status quo by continually improving and optimizing our talent and assessment processes, systems, as well as work closely with the core HR team to evolve processes around total employee experience that essentially improves the candidate experience.
- Develop and lead an effective, efficient and comprehensive onboarding program (first day, first week, first month and first quarter) that helps employees acclimate quickly, while ensuring the consistency of a positive and welcoming employee experience.
- Design and implement progressive sourcing strategies that yield growth in the overall top of the funnel, including diversity of hires.
- Help us build and strengthen our employer brand through various channels & talent community engagements like conferences, career fairs, social media, and hackathons.
- Establish strong relationships with key partners in the local and global Tech and community to help drive brand awareness and future partnerships.
- Take a data-driven approach in all areas of our recruiting efforts and provide strategic insights to the Skilljar leadership team.
- Design, evaluate, and manage fair and inclusive hiring processes.
- Develop, conduct, and/or coordinate training as it relates to areas such as: career pathing, leadership development, succession planning, etc.
- Serve as a player coach in times of low volume, including managing executive requisitions from sourcing to closing as an outstanding hands-on contributor, if needed.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as needed.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience successfully leading, aligning and developing a recruiting team of varied experience levels, preferably at a Pre-IPO SaaS company.
- 4+ years of people management experience leading a team of full cycle recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and sourcers.
- Deep knowledge of and a point of view about hiring analytics, metrics, talent strategy and organizational structure and change.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging data to drive accountability, TA strategy, processes, programs and continuous improvement.
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between shifting priorities, critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package – this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and a bonus plan. Below is the base salary range for this role:
Base Salary Range: $176,000-$200,000
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401(k) savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, New York and Virginia.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.