**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is focused on enhancing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect® to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect uniquely creates Live Traceability™ through siloed development, test, and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
We are looking for a positive, growth and operations-minded human resources professional to Jama Software’s People Team. As the person often sought out for thoughtful support, the right person for this role is an empathetic, individual, operations genius, interested in how they can support business owners in a growth & scale environment. You provide this support by developing partnerships with business function owners to understand and provide for their needs and focusing on enabling them to meet their performance objectives. You are excited by the challenges of scale and growth, you see change as opportunity, and you find creative solutions to the problems the business faces in attaining its near and long-term goals.
The right candidate wants to both lead and act as a player-coach of a skilled, collaborative team of high-impact human resource professionals. You are committed to fostering an exceptional employee experience through operational leadership, top-notch program management, and a passion for customer service. You enjoy a fast pace and take deep ownership and accountability for your areas of responsibility and can react quickly to meet the evolving demands of a dynamic, fast-paced, global business. This position reports to the CFO.
In this role, you will:
- Oversight and development of all human resources operations, systems, policies, processes, and personnel vital to support the organization as the company continues to profitably grow
- Management of the timely and cost-effective recruitment and onboarding of new employees to meet the dynamic needs of a business growing in geographic reach, size, and scale
- Design of industry competitive compensation and benefits programs to empower, incentivize and reward employees in a manner that fosters dedication, collaboration, and strong company engagement
- Support the business with the coordination of corporate, department, and individual goal setting, ongoing employee reviews, employee promotions, and employee disciplinary measures
- Creation or recommendation of programs to enhance employee development including training programs, management practices, and other training that leads to outstanding performance for individuals and teams
- Work with the Legal, Finance and Security teams to ensure HR processes, systems, and documentation meet local, state, federal, international (where relevant) and corporate compliance requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for any employee relations and/or open-door questions and concerns and effectively handle investigations and issue resolution with management
- Foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and workplace environment through day-to-day activities and dedicated program efforts
- Create, recommend, and be responsible for execution of various industry-related events designed to foster community engagement and professional development.
- Partner with Chief of Staff and Learning & Development Specialist on identifying and developing organization, team, and individual learning and development opportunities and programs.
- Other projects and assignments tied to business needs as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant program or equivalent years of experience
- 6 years of proven experience in cross functional HR subject areas, including minimum of 5 years in people management and senior level business partnership roles
- Experience in SaaS/Technology industry strongly preferred
- SHRM/HRCI certification preferred
Strengths You’ll Need
- Exceptional communicator in writing: able to develop precise and helpful email communications, effective presentations, and online reference web spaces
- Exceptional communicator in conversation: skilled listener, able to ask the right questions, clarify issues and coach and advise employees and managers at all levels; able to conduct constructive conversations and address conflict with a calm presence and emotional intelligence
- Clear in communicating honestly but with care, fostering trust and confidence in others
- Proficient at handling employee relations issues and concerns of all kinds; experienced at investigating concerns, compiling factual summaries, engaging legal advisors at times, and developing collaborative resolution plans
- Proficient in the use of HRIS and ATS tools; hands-on experience with BambooHR and Greenhouse systems a plus, though not required
- Solid analytical skills with experience constructing and running reports from HRIS systems and proficient in the use of Excel; demonstrated ability to turn data into information and recommendations for action
- Knowledgeable of the fundamentals of US employment law, benefits, payroll and compliance requirements; exposure to various European countries, preferably with UK, Germany and the Netherlands
- Familiar with the human resources issues and process steps required to expand business globally
- Experience designing and delivering training as well as facilitating groups to define problems, assess situations and develop solutions is a plus
- Self-motivated working autonomously to address issues and solve problems
- Intellectually curious with a proven history of continuous learning and improvement
- Organized and diligent program manager that’s highly collaborative and a standout colleague
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and driven leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.