Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
Some of the key areas of focus for this role will include: increasing current position and ranking of new pages through white-hat SEO tactics, technical SEO, content marketing, and extensive link building. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for staying up to date with SEO/Google/web trends and will be responsible for making sure that Wanderu is well ahead of the travel SEO curve. You will manage the strategy of SEO across hundreds of thousands of landing pages, across multiple countries visited by millions of customers per month and coordinating with our marketing and engineering teams.
- Experience creating and executing organic campaigns on properties with 1,000+ active landing pages and over 1 million sessions per month.
- Data driven to understand the impact of current performance and to find opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Proven approach to researching and creating the strategy to expand our marketing reach.
- Experienced at turning strategy and projects into specs and work assignments for content, design and engineering teams.
- You’re passionate about search and broader digital marketing, up to date on best practices and breaking trends in SEO.
- Understanding the key components of technical SEO at scale including performance, crawlability, internal link flow and dynamic content.
- Ability to develop and pitch a business plan for growing your team, tools and campaigns.
- Strong sense of product quality and user empathy, with an intuitive understanding of tradeoffs between SEO metrics and user experience.
- Skilled at balancing being hands on to help execute and high-level to build and update the team’s strategy.
- Ability to query own SQL and other technical analysis – we warehouse all aspects of the business in a Snowflake instance
- Successful campaigns expanding into international territories.
- Experience in travel or consumer ecommerce.
- Desire to contribute to overall marketing strategy, including digital PR, brand advertising, paid marketing and other areas.
Attention to detail: please include in your application a single sentence incorporating the phrase “my biggest SEO win.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.