Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
CompanyCam is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to lead our highly ambitious and capable team of Product Managers and build a strategy to deliver impactful software that exceeds expectations.
This role will make a critical impact on our core product and the industry, collaborating with a strong leadership team on Product and Engineering. This role reports directly to our Vice President of Product.
We’re looking for a human-centered product leader who is a smart, self-motivated, skilled communicator who is curious and creative. This person will use their experience and expertise in shipping well-designed and successful SaaS apps to deliver impactful software. We’re not short on ideas, but we do need someone with fresh insights and relatable experience to continue to build our culture of innovation and empowerment while bringing new ideas to drive productivity.
In this job you will…
- Lead and develop a team of Product Managers in delivering differentiated value.
- Inspire, mentor and foster a culture of growth and collaboration.
- Analyze, document and communicate the short and long-term Product Management strategy.
- Develop meaningful goals for the Product Management team individually and collectively.
- Understand our target market and the users we serve.
- Make and own data-backed decisions about which opportunities align with our business strategy and should be pursued.
- Champion a product development process that yields consistent business wins.
- Collaborate closely with Product Design and Engineering to successfully balance business and engineering needs.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success.
- Develop the practice of a mental pause to re-evaluate whether we are still pursuing the right thing, or if we need to shift directions.
- Build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization, from the Executive team to individual contributors.
- Contribute significantly to the overall product strategy.
- Own responsibility for the Product Team shipping meaningful product work on a consistent basis.
- Show up every day, taking the courage to do the difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up constantly: you’re OK working in an environment full of change. You take responsibility, love ownership, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good by treating your co-workers and customers the way you would like to be treated.
- Be technically savvy and hungry to learn the ins and outs of our platform quickly.
- Have 5+ years of overall individual contributor experience in product management.
- Have 2+ years of experience leading and growing a team of product managers.
- Have experience working on mobile and web-based applications.
- Have a track record of producing intuitive and visually appealing product experiences.
- Have a strong ability to understand and interpret data and apply this to product strategy.
- Have expert communication skills in order to lead and work cross functionally as well as across multiple departments.
- Be willing to take a risk.
- Be team-oriented – you’re invested in the success of your colleagues, and they are invested in yours.
- Have passion for User Experience and be able to communicate when something does or does not meet your own UX expectations.
- Reside permanently and currently in the United States. Sorry, we’re not hiring outside the U.S. at this time, even if you’re willing to work during U.S. time zones.
It’d be nice if you…
- Have experience building successful product for B2B, B2C and/or SaaS products.
- Have added expertise with product marketing, product design or engineering.
- Have experience with applied Design Thinking.
- Have experience leading workshops and collaborative sessions.
How we work at CompanyCam:
CompanyCam is a fun, fast-paced team united by our core values of Show Up, Grow Up and Do Good. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Our product and engineering teams span every time zone in the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds and don’t really care whether you have a degree or even a high school diploma. All that matters is that you’re good to work with and you’re great at what you do.
Our Product and Engineering departments also do things a little differently.
We use a customized version of Basecamp’s Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan’s Inspired) to organize and execute our work. We work in close-knit teams consisting of a product manager, a product designer, QA, an engineering manager and a group of engineers to deliver value in 3-week cycles.
During cycles the team is focused on delivering product improvements, but everyone is also collaborating to shape (generate and vet) work for upcoming cycles. After each cycle the team will stop, reset, and choose to tackle another cycle or take a cool-down (a period of undirected work to pursue educational opportunities, work on pet projects, or smash some bugs). Rinse and repeat.
Sounds nice, right? No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings. We treat our people like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshing. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits. This is a salaried position at CompanyCam. Our starting salary range is $160,000 to $170,000 and is based on experience.
Ready to apply?
If you share our passion for serving our customers and bringing truth and transparency to the contracting industry, we’d love to review your application! Are you reading this and wondering if you meet every requirement? Studies show that workplace minorities, such as women and people of color, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At CompanyCam, we pride ourselves on celebrating everyone. We are actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you’re interested in applying, do it! Even if your experiences don’t directly line up or you are ‘missing that one thing’. We are excited to read your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.