Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our editorial news site, network of podcasts, and global conference series.
We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a Director of People to support the continued growth of our business.
We are looking for someone with HR experience who is detail-oriented, able to work quickly and independently, and communicate effectively across the organization.
We are based in New York and prefer candidates on the East Coast, but this role is remote-friendly.
You’re an experienced HR professional. You have a solid understanding of HR processes and know how to recruit and retain top talent.
You are a strong communicator able to share your ideas both in writing and verbally.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the recruitment process from start to finish
- Design the onboarding experience for new employees
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits
- Create and maintain HR policies and procedures as necessary for a growing organization
- Advise leadership on performance management including coaching and professional development for team members
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with all employment-related laws and regulations
- Make recommendations for policies and activities to enhance and improve the company culture, to motivate and retain existing employees as well as to attract new employees.
- Communicate within the company and other parties via email, video calls and in-person
- At least 3 years of experience in an HR administrative capacity
- Desire to be part of an inclusive, diverse and innovative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working with HR software tools (ATS, HRIS, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please send your resume to email@example.com with your name + Director of People in the subject line.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org