Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Director of Enterprise Customer Success is responsible for leading a team of Enterprise Customer Success Managers in the care, retention, and growth of our customers. This population of customers represents a significant portion of Jama Software’s annual recurring revenue, and this person will help to design and complete our customer relationship strategy that is focused on driving high retention across a highly diverse and large percentage of Fortune 500 companies.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives; makes final decisions on implementation and ensures operational effectiveness
- Lead team(s) to develop new methods and solve complex matters for our Enterprise customers
- Lead all post-sales activity for 2-3 of Jama Software’s Strategic and Enterprise customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution of their custom customer success plan
- Predictably lead recurring revenue and deliver high on-time renewal rates
- Own key metrics for team including: renewal forecast, activity management, upsells, adoption, and churn
- Guide adoption practices with the goal of driving increased value realization and decreased time-to-value from our solutions
- Recruit, coach, empower and direct a successful team of 2-3 Enterprise Customer Success Managers (ECSMs)
- Build and support a high-energy, customer-focused culture
- Handle customer issues and negotiations with direct reports
- Develop a repeatable and scalable methodology for ECSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and provide consultative, team-based advice
- Expand our revenue in accounts using defined cross-sell and upsell playbooks
- Work cross-functionally to advocate for customer needs and ensure proper company alignment in support of these accounts
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers (C-suite) to ensure goals are aligned from a business strategy perspective and success metrics are identified
- Increase customer retention and ensure alignment by conducting regular check-in calls and Quarterly & Strategic Business Reviews
- Work closely with Product and Engineering on identification/tracking of enhancement requests
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ and provide internal feedback on they can better served to improve customer value and retention
- Prepare written and visual presentations and reports for key customer partners
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-7 years experience in a Business-to-Business client-facing role leading a successful team (professional services, sales, customer support management, or account management).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or similar working experience
- Experience working for a growing SaaS software organization
- Experience working with large enterprise customers, including Fortune 500 companies
- Experience building and managing relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals. These relationships range from C-suite to IT and procurement.
Nice to Have:
- Proven experience leading an Enterprise Customer Success team for a rapidly growing SaaS company
- Understanding of the customer buying process and using sales methodology to exceed targets with accurate pipeline management and forecasting
- Strong communicator who can articulate the needs of the customer and resolve both short and long-term issues
- Strong analytic and critical thinking – able to take sophisticated customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex and technical concepts
- Strong organization and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Proven partner management skills, both for internal and external partners
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn, adapt, and experiment and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience in working with large customers (F500) in both proactive and reactive manners, participating in and driving cross-functional programs focused on improving customer experience, and has a consistent record for coaching and advancing their team to high standards of excellence.
- Passion for solving problems, is devoted to operational and engagement improvements, and is committed to developing the skills of their team.
Perks and Benefits:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and hard-working leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.