Edquity seeks a Director, Data & Analytics who is passionate about distilling data to fight poverty.
As Director, Data & Analytics, you will lead the Data team here at Edquity, driving the asking and answering of key business and research questions. You will work with both Product and Growth teams to ensure that data initiatives feed impactful product iteration and growing business operations. Your work will support our mission to redesign the safety net to provide timely cash for Americans in need.
As the Director, Data & Analytics you will:
- Own the vision, strategy, and execution of data initiatives at Edquity
- Define strategy, goals, roadmap, organizational design, processes to ensure we at Edquity best utilize data to create end-user, customer, and business value.
- Build out our data platform, pipelines, and toolset to ensure teams are enabled to capture & work with high-quality data to answer their questions
- Enable product teams for success by ensuring the right product analytics and experimentation infrastructure is in place to inform impactful product evolution
- Enable growth teams for success: enabling partner success to demonstrate the impact of the product to partners, business development to position the product in the market, and marketing to steer investments
- Conduct and support statistical analyses to study efficacy and impact of programmatic decisions, advancing the anti-poverty knowledge base
- Develop algorithms that simplify safety net eligibility for administrators and low income applicants
- Background of driving significant end-user, customer, and business value by means of leading successful analytics & data science initiatives as well as defining and managing the team’s roadmap.
- Experience hiring, leading, and developing a successful team of data engineers, analysts, scientists in a fast paced, product-focused environment.
- Strong technical depth with regard to data infrastructure, tooling, analysis, predictive modeling. Can meet with engineers to break down problems and can set teams up to focus and deliver speed and quality. Experience with tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Redshift, dbt, Airflow, Snowplow, etc.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and driving change across organization boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Pragmatic & creative technologist with a wide range of interests and a builder mentality, continuously creating new ways to improve solutions.
- Be both a technical leader and a thoughtful people manager. You can recruit, inspire and develop a high performing team.
- Startup experience
- Education or Govtech experience
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x. The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly to administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been benchmarked in relation to scope of role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. The salary for this role will be between $145,000 – $185,000. Where a candidate falls within the band is determined by skillset, experience level, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, this role will come a total compensation package that includes equity shares and competitive benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Fully paid health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with a 4% match
- Generous parental leave (12 weeks fully paid for tenured employees)
- Annual Professional Development Stipend and one-time Home Office setup
- Equity in Edquity
- Many more!
Edquity is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.