We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Headspace, Sonos, Groupon, Nordstrom, Salesforce and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart, collaborative and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Director of Brand and Content Marketing to join the dscout team and lead a team of content and brand marketers that have established one of the most well-respected brands in the research space: People Nerds. In this role, you’ll report to our Vice President of Marketing and will have four direct reports to start (this may change as we grow). You’ll partner with members of our marketing leadership team – our Creative Director, Product Marketing Director and Head of Growth – and other leaders across the organization, including our CEO as well as key members of the Sales, Customer Success and Product teams.
This role is a great fit for a creative and adaptable leader who thrives in a collaborative environment – we already produce some of the industry’s most beloved content, and we need a leader to help take us to the next level. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Lead content strategy, including editorial calendar, all appropriate vehicles for communicating with our customers, creating a consistent inbound funnel and positioning dscout as the premier thought leader in the experience research space
- Act as editor-in-chief of the People Nerds brand, developing brand positioning and ensuring consistency across all properties and outgoing communications – from a variety of digital channels to in-person activations and partnerships
- Help set the tone for how content should sound and feel, and up-level our current brand to be a dynamic player in the B2B space
- Own growth and expansion of the People Nerds community, through existing and new channels
- Partner with growth and product marketing to understand efficacy of content at every lifecycle stage, and adjust strategy accordingly
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 10+ years of proven experience in brand and content marketing roles, with at least 3 years on a brand team and direct experience with brand positioning
- 3+ years experience as a proven content and editorial team leader with experience building, managing and growing a solid team of writers, producers and marketers
- A strong communicator, confident and articulate in presenting to internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Self motivated, and able to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work and lead complex projects cross-functionally
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
dscout is committed to providing our employees with the flexibility to work in a location that works for you. If you like working in an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago HQ. If you prefer to work from home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, so just let us know where you’re located and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate that location.
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
- A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
- An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance that includes flexible PTO, 11 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and much more.
- A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend to support your growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.