Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is the dynamic force behind 20+ health, beauty, and pet care brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue annually. With our passionate employee-owners and unwavering commitment to creating top-notch products, we’re revolutionizing the direct-to-consumer market and empowering individuals to live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For A: Digital Storyteller to write, direct, and produce direct response video ads that acquire new customers across FB/IG, YouTube, TikTok and other social channels for brands that sell supplements, pet food, and beauty products directly to consumers.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee the creative execution of short-form and long-form marketing videos using a data-driven, test-and-learn approach.
- Conceptualize new storytelling angles.
- Write scripts that combine a variety of storytelling narrative devices including narration, scripted copy, soundbites, video b-roll and graphics.
- Conduct documentary-style, on-camera interviews that elicit pithy compelling responses from brand “gurus” and customers (ie testimonials) and other on-camera talent.
- Work with videographers to gather video assets (i.e.identify needed video cover, set-up locations and direct videographers to shoot b-roll).
- Oversee the creative production of in-studio shoots in collaboration with camera crew and production managers.
- Collaborate with editors from pre-production to delivery, including providing feedback on edits, assist conceiving of graphics and on-screen text.
- Analyze performance data, and use data to create incremental video optimizations that scale.
- Available to drive, and occasionally travel, to locations in order to film and gather footage and conduct interviews.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Exceptional non-fiction storytelling skills (ie broadcast journalism, documentary filmmaking).
- Exceptional copywriting skills
- Mastery of on-set creative leadership
- Ability to formulate strategies on how to market health and wellness products in fresh, creative and different ways
- Understanding of direct response marketing.
- A highly creative self-starter who can work both independently and collaborate well with different teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- 3-5 years’ previous experience writing & directing in a visual medium
- 5-7 years experience writing & directing in a visual medium, ideally with some advertising/marketing experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Film, or a related field, preferred
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $83,200-$111,000, plus annual & monthly KPI bonus potential.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at email@example.com to verify its validity.*