About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
DevOps Engineer – (Remote, US)
The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet … all of it. Wurl is making it happen. Our customers are the biggest media brands on the planet – including Legendary, Lionsgate, Jukin Media, BBC, NBC, Eleven Sports, Sony Animation. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services – including Roku, Sling, Samsung. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that systems are available for customers
- Enhance the infrastructure to improve our ability to scale, become increasingly more automated with a goal towards self-healing systems
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of existing technical environments and the business’ needs to help the company move faster with respect to delivering value to its customers
- Participate in on-call rotations, troubleshoot and restore system functionality, as needed
- Manage increasingly large systems and collaborate with development teams to continuously improve product reliability
- Other duties as the needs appear
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or DevOps
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment where long term goals vs short term ‘get it done’ tasks is a reality of a scaling business
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Strong experience running production workloads in an AWS environment
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with ability to listen to all viewpoints
- Ability to communicate and describe problems and their resolutions to non-technical co-workers and customers
- Production experience in designing, deploying and administering complex cloud applications
- Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging applications built in Python, Ruby, Node.JS, or GoLang
- Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible)
- Experience with monitoring software and services (e.g, DataDog, Pingdom, PagerDuty)
- Linux Systems Administration
- Internet and Cloud based software architecture
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., docker)
- Able to collaborate and work with teams as well as independently with minimal supervision as needed
- Distributed Version Control Software (e.g., git)
A Plus if You Have
- Streaming video delivery experience
- Knowledge of streaming video formats
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer’s place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.