About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Design Manager at Aurora Solar, you will offer creative direction as well as contribute to people management, manage design operations, and processes effectively. We are looking for a talented storyteller, and critical thinker who follows a strong human-centered design process and partners cross-functionally throughout the company.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Frame the end-to-end user journey for a specific product experience and influence product plan, shape strategy, and direction for a significant part of our product
- Deliver high-quality experiences at all levels of scale, while partnering closely with engineering, product, sales, and customer success teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design problems
- Establish process and mindset to achieve the best possible user experience by identifying UX strategy and frameworks that will help the team best anchor the product development approach
- Coach and advocate for your team by informing and guiding the work of designers through clear, actionable direction and feedback
- Engage and influence the executive team, rallying partnerships and collaborations to manifest a design-forward vision
- Plan and manage design backlog, enforce design QA and build thought partnerships with the product and engineering partners while always making sure that the design team’s work directly contributes to company-wide OKRs and goals
- Partner with research for specific user inquiries, testing concepts, and UI or to inform UX strategies
- Actively contribute to a culture of connection and certitude within the design team and with other stakeholders
What we value:
- Someone who balances creative excellence with humility
- You express creativity in output as well as in process
- Great communicator who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm, illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories
- Operating from a place of equality and inclusivity by encouraging diversity of perspectives and backgrounds
- You offer mindful feedback with candor for career guidance, support, and design critique and always offer an additive style of input and feedback
- Proficiency in working on complex tools, design systems, and multi-role products while also having extensive professional design experience shipping various modalities of digital products, across Web apps, iOS, and/or Android products
- You speak with confidence on design details, shaped from deep proficiency in the craft of strategy-operated UI/UX
- Rapport with our users–you’re a systems-level thinker and create experiences as scalable as they are elegant and delightful
- Establishing and upholding quality by clearly defining what that means for your team and at the same time, you value delivery over perfection
- History of managing design operations and processes effectively while hiring and leading design teams
- Using hypotheses to drive solutions and applying qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.