The big picture: Axios is a rapidly growing digital media and tech startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
Why you matter: You believe that the truth matters now more than ever and the idea of joining a high-growth startup excites you! You’re passionate about the evolution of the media and tech industries and want to be part of a team that’s shaping the future. You place value in working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you.
The details: Our Data Visualization Intern will work closely with our visual journalists to research and analyze data to create informative data visualizations for Axios’ website and newsletters, as well as collaborate on large-scale enterprise projects with the editorial data viz team.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail
- You possess exceptional communication skills
- You have a wildly collaborative spirit
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong interest in Axios and our unique style
- You are interested in journalism, news and factual reporting
- You have under 2 years of professional experience
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Learning & Development and Production teams
If this sounds exciting, apply today with your resume and complete the application question fields.
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.