Data Scientists at Sensor Tower are hybrid data scientists and software engineers. You would take data all the way from doing initial analysis to building data pipelines to final model implementation and monitoring. Data Scientists take full ownership of the back-end of the products they’re working on.
We are looking for a hands-on thinker to help harvest new insights from our constantly growing foundation of quantitative information collected from the mobile app ecosystem.
We are a remote first company and at this time are only able to hire folks who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Massachusetts, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
What you will be focusing on
- Prototype machine learning models in Python or Ruby
- Work with MongoDB and analyze query performance to ensure calculation efficiency
- Write tests for the implementation of machine learning models
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to understand the raw data being collected
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to create data visualizations for both external and internal customers
- Present results of various data analysis
Experience which will be beneficial
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, or computer science
- Experience in business intelligence, data mining, analytics, or statistical modeling in technology or mobile industries OR 2+ years applied experience in data science in mobile market intelligence
- Ability to write code that is ready for production (Python and Ruby preferred)
- Experience with adjusting data for bias
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and non-technical marketing business partners
- Ability to critically analyse given data, ask probing questions, and perform own research
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques