The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
The Network Operations team uses our in-house technology to support the aggregation, ingestion, and production of our Provider Network Data Sets. Our Data Coordinators are responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of Ideon’s healthcare provider data and for enhancing the value of data by increasing the breadth and depth of the dataset. Additionally, by collaborating on new tooling and workflows, you have the opportunity to engage in creating foundational building blocks used to grow this company. Our team’s culture is one of curiosity, collaboration, and growth and we sit uniquely at the intersection of technical and business teams in order to drive results.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports to the Director of Data Operations.
In this role you will:
- Help maintain standards for data integrity and quality assurance
- Create and maintain data acquisition processes, keeping quality and scalability in mind
- Work with internal and external data partners to acquire and maintain datasets
- Identify and implement changes to managed data elements, creating/managing top-notch documentation along the way
- Identify gaps in the current dataset and determine the steps to fill them
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have 1+ years experience working with large datasets (think >1 million rows!)
- Have an eye for detail and exceptional critical thinking skills
- Have intermediate experience with MS Excel, including filtering, formatting, and utilizing basic functions and formulas
- Have a desire to increase your data analysis skills using tools such as SQL and/or Tableau
- Have experience in the Healthcare/Insurance industries (not a must, but a plus!)
- Have project management experience (not a must, but a plus!)
Salary Range: $24 – $28/hr
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.