We’re on a mission to make programming more accessible by building the best, simplest, and fastest coding environment. Replit is a place to not only learn and practice programming but also to collaborate and ship applications.
Note that the listed qualifications are mere approximations. If you’re a talented hacker but don’t really fit the requirements then get in touch anyways.
Position: Data Engineer
At Replit, we want to keep lowering the barrier to programming. It should take 2 minutes or less for visitors to build something interesting. To reach that goal, we’ll need to understand new programmers’ journeys through the product using data from all our sources.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Develop, manage, and maintain data infrastructure
* Loosely measure and keep reducing the team’s question-to-insight time
* Be to go-to person for which data we collect, how we collect it, and how we manage it over time
* Make it possible to query across datasets
* Find the sweet spot between the team’s speed and data costs
* Experience building data infrastructure
* Experience building a developer tool (it can be personal dev)
* Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
* Experience working with consumer data at scale
* Experience building Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service
* Appreciation for simplicity and pragmatism
Global (overlap 4 hours with US Pacific Time)
Ready to build the world’s largest developer platform?