We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health leverages the latest data engineering technology such as Spark, Airflow, and Snowflake to tackle some of healthcare’s biggest challenges by transforming extraordinary amounts of data into rich and meaningful insights.
As a Data Engineer of Komodo Health’s team, you will be solving complex data challenges while designing and implementing data processing and transformation at scale that powers state-of-the-art interactive product experiences. You will enable smarter, more innovative uses of healthcare data by building robust data pipelines and implementing data best practices.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Worked on foundational pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, and data services underlying our healthcare platform or products
- Designed and developed reliable data pipelines that transform data at scale, orchestrated jobs via Airflow, using SQL and Python in Snowflake and/or Spark
- Partnered with Engineering team members, Product Managers, Program Managers, and customer facing teams to understand and refine data pipeline requirements
- Helped implement continuous improvements to our data governance practices and implemented data quality improvements
- Implemented technical enhancements to our CI/CD processes and/or built tooling to ensure data consistency and quality
- Gained an understanding of the broader Komodo Health data landscape and clinical solution design
What you bring to Komodo:
- Expertise designing and developing with distributed data processing platforms like Spark and pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow
- Demonstrated proficiency writing code and contributing to large data pipeline codebases with Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience with SQL and query design on large, complex datasets
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, and MPP (Snowflake, BiqQuery, Redshift, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch) databases leading data modeling, schema design, and data storage best practices
- Experience enhancing CI/CD build tooling in a containerized environment, from deployment pipelines (Jenkins, etc), infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation), and configuration management via Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.