It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
Yahoo Singapore Data center (SG3) is the only owned and operated data center of Yahoo, outside the United States. This data center is a regional data center and it serves whole of South East Asia, India and Hong Kong markets and also acts as BCP to North Asia. We are a successful facilities engineering team managing this state of the art data center up to global standards.
What this team is looking for
We are looking for a highly self-motivated and innovative engineer to be part of our 24 x 7 engineering team to ensure smooth and efficient operation. This full-time position in this role you will be required to work on rotating roster which may includes nights, weekends and public holidays. The position is based in Singapore, Penjuru Lane.
As a data center engineer you will be a key contributor on all things related to data center building operations. This includes cooling systems, all electrical distribution systems, fire/life safety systems, and auxiliary systems. You will be directly responsible for managing vendor relationships that support these systems for maintenance and repairs.
Day to day of the role
- Operate all data center facility equipment according to documented procedures. Safe work practices is a must.
- Schedule and oversee periodic inspections and routines of all data center equipment whilst being able to resolve mechanical and electrical problems within the data center
- Supervise subcontractors and ensure all necessary preventative maintenance and emergency repairs are scheduled and performed
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections and maintenance of infrastructure supporting data center operations
- Manage work orders and equipment history via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Monitor data center facilities operations via the Building Management System (BMS)
- Respond to facilities emergencies as required
Alot about you
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, and preferably 2+ years (or) an Engineering Diploma, and 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience with critical HVAC or industrial electrical systems
- The ability to perform all physical duties as required. This includes working on a ladder and under raised floors + physical ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Abilty to cross collaborate on projects and work as a team unit.
- You will have strong technical skills, dependability, and sense of ownership over the work you do.
The Good Stuff
- Work-Life Balance – At Yahoo, working from home or working from the office? Your choice!
- Learning & Development – We have amazing programs you can enter to further grow your career, learn & develop new skills. We also provide you with a tuition reimbursement program for study.
- Flexi Benefit – We offer a health reimbursement that can be used on a gym membership, massages, meditation, health insurance etc;
- Parental Leave – We offer up to 12 weeks parental leave because family matters
- Phone & Tech – We will cover the cost of your phone bill and provide all the Apple goods to do your job well
- We work together and play together – Be able to get involved in community days, stepathons, virtual bingo & trivia, team lunches, sports teams and more!
- Work from Abroad Policy – the world as we know it has changed so if you need to travel back to your home country and work remotely, we have you covered.
How to apply
Make sure to hit apply if you think this opportunity to right for you, our Talent Acquisition team is excited to connect with you!
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.