As a customer service enthusiast based in Mexico, you will recognize that our shops network is the cornerstone of our business and is the key to our ongoing growth and success. With your knack for solving tough problems and your focus on delivering exceptional customer service, you will thrive in a Customer Support job with Shopmonkey. As the driving force in building shop loyalty and growing our existing shop base, you’ll deliver effective relationship-based customer service in support of the department. You’ll tackle challenges that will continually spark your intellect, fuel your passion and drive your professional growth. Liaise between shops and cross-functional internal teams to ensure innovative, individualized solutions, satisfying the ever-changing needs of our shop base. Through it all, your ability to form a trusted bond, listen attentively, and respond to shop inquiries will make you the critical touchpoint between Shopmonkey and our valued shops.
Shopmonkey is a growing and changing startup, so this role will include variety, change, challenges, and creativity in designing solutions, which goes beyond the typical support role. **This is a long-term contract position**
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Learn all about the Shopmonkey product suite and automotive industry
- Use a relationship-based approach, deliver best-in-class service to our shops
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather Shop information, access and fulfill shop needs, educate the shop where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts, and document interactions through contact tracking
- Respond to shop complaints and service-related inquiries professionally and compassionately. Work with the Customer Support Management team to successfully address escalated shop concerns.
- Effectively manage workload, maintain assigned schedule, and attendance standards.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from shops and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Utilize tools and resources on every email, call or chat to make appropriate recommendations to shops
- Maintain a balance between company policy and shop benefit in decision making
- Meet department performance standards for servicing and responding to all service call queues, chat, and email while adhering to schedules, and maintaining attendance standards
- Analyze and report trends from shops feedback, to determine needed process improvements
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated either verbally or in writing, both internally and externally
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the shops experience
- Experience in hospitality, automotive industry, call center, or fast-paced startup
- Able to take direction from peers and managers
- The ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Truly appreciate cars and/or are familiar with the automotive industry
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will:
- Be available to work either Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday shifts
- Be fluent in speaking and writing English
- Have 1-3 years of customer support experience in a high volume call center environment, supporting clients by phone, email and chat
- Have a clear, professional, friendly and informative communication style
- Enjoy creative problem solving and experiencing new and different challenges everyday
- Are self-directed learners and highly motivated
- Thrive in a dynamic & collaborative startup environment, and are comfortable with ambiguity and seizing opportunity.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and evolving customer needs
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks (benefits may vary upon location and employment status):
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off – take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Shopmonkey is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our our commitment, Shopmonkey will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.