Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians (Groups), physician-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar) and technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare. We launched Pearl Health to help PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Traditional Medicare. This solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to their entire patient population and democratize access to healthcare risk, making it more readily available and optimized through an intelligent marketplace. We free physicians to better allocate their time with patients, increase their autonomy, and provide incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking a stellar Customer Success Manager, experienced in engaging with physician practices and health systems in a value-based care context and eager to help our current customer base succeed in the ACO REACH model. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for engaging with signed practice partners to achieve: program onboarding and Pearl Product implementation, transformation to a value based environment, and programmatic success by investigating and creating alignment with practice internal operations and program objectives.
As you come up to speed, you will own the development of relationships and performance of Pearl’s Primary Care providers across tiers, enabling the behavior and operational adjustments required to generate results in a value-based care environment. Over time, you will also engage Preferred Providers (contracted specialists, facilities and suppliers) in your market, and support provider education and implementation of beneficiary benefit design. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for delivery of superior practice performance across all assigned clients, while maintaining a best-in-class Net Promoter Score.
You will partner with Performance and ACO Operations teams to develop strategies based on performance analysis of practices developed by Pearl’s Data Science and Actuarial org. You will design actionable practice transformation plans and implement appropriate performance improvement initiatives to assist the practice in achieving performance goals.
Your commitment to delivering better outcomes for patients and rewards for Pearl’s practice partners will be contagious in the regions that you serve. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to create unprecedented possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
You will also drive creation of an enterprise level management system that can scale in a non-linear fashion as our base of large clients grows over time. You will contribute to systems that enable asynchronous or automated client management,
While this will be a remote position, in-person engagement with provider practices will be critical and some travel is required (up to 25%).
What a Customer Success Manager means to us…
- Work with Pearl leadership to develop a scalable strategic system that aligns client performance frameworks with short and long-term objectives for product, incorporating market trends, provider expectations and business priorities across a wide array of client geographies, clinical models, and tiers.
- Analyze client network performance, identify areas of opportunity, identify root cause data, and develop remediation plans for provider performance across assigned clients, deploying those plans in a high-touch or low-touch manner where appropriate.
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Growth, Product, Data Science and Actuarial teams to align on performance roadmap.
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Oversee education and deployment of technology tools supporting practice transformation, and integration of technology tools into practice workflows across assigned markets.
- Use data to identify cost drivers and work with Pearl partners and Preferred Providers to develop optimal referral, care management, and admission avoidance strategies, contributing to practice performance.
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects on behalf of your assigned customer-base.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of experience in clinical transformation, improving clinical quality, network contracting and development, or other relevant provider practice-facing field. Experience at an ACO, or tech enablement company is a plus.
- Experience in interpreting and utilizing clinical data analytics, outcomes measurements, and designing internal dashboarding to drive change and resource allocation
- Demonstrated experience implementing clinical practice transformation initiatives designed to help provider groups achieve delivery transformation goals (experience implementing in a hospital system preferred)
- Experience preparing and presenting information to clinical and executive level leadership
- Willingness to travel for face to face meetings (contingent upon local COVID travel policies)
- Enterprise level provider management experience preferred
- Track record scaling a team, function, or service capability appreciated
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians and impacting Medicare patient outcomes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleagues’ points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected base pay range for this position is between $110,000 and $130,000 per year. Base pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/