Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
As a customer success manager (CSM) at Merit, you will join a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our partners and customer base. Your focus will be on customer loyalty and building close long-term client relationships, proactively look out for our partners’ business and suggest innovative ways to keep them succeeding with Merit, and contributing to customer support tasks including identifying and anticipating areas of potential confusion or need for additional support. In addition, you will work with other Merit teams such as the Data team and Product to ensure the proper data points are collected for structured reporting and deliver reports to the partner. You will work closely with Merit engineers to ensure that Customer Support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our partners and customers with everything needed for success.
- Act as a Merit expert and bridge the gap between sales teams and support teams
- Onboarding new partners and customers Work with partners and customers to ensure they’re receiving the tools and support needed to achieve their goals
- Understand the needs of partners and customers and seeks to ensure the team adds improvements that best address those needs
- Anticipate and proactively create solutions for partners and customers
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and customers
- Identify and communicate internally the problems that affect multiple partners and customers and forecast what those trends mean for Merit
- Deliver reports to partners and customers as outlined in service contracts
- Onboard partners and customers onto Merit and provide the training for all other systems or tools for the partnership to be successful
- Play a key role in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues for partners and customers
- 2+ years experience in a Customer, Technical, and/or Sales Support role
- Expertise with automation systems: Zapier, ITTT, Automate.io, Power Automate
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets, Excel, or both
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience presenting Propensity for relationship building
- Ability to multitask effectively and follow through on tasks
- Technical training on integrated web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Adept at communicating benefits and managing conflict where it arises Highly motivated, values-driven Customer Support team player with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering against short and long term objectives
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally Detail and data-oriented with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Availability 5:30am – 11:30pm Eastern and/or Western (Rotating)Willingness and ability to work a modified week or rotating on-call weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Listening and Seeking to Understand
- Positive Vocabulary
- Managing Ambiguity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Expectation Setting
- Solution Knowledge
- Customer Retention
- Customer Insight
- Ability to defuse tense or high-stress situations
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.