Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 600+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Customer Success Manager at Mode, you’ll own a portfolio of our fast-growing, small and mid-sized customers. By building exceptional relationships with each customer in your portfolio, you’ll deliver value at all stages of the customer journey to drive mutual success and growth. If you’re a proactive customer champion – passionate about solving problems, connecting customer value to revenue growth, and advising customers – you’ll bring tremendous value to our customers and team!
What you’ll do
- Be a Proactive Customer Champion: Expertly manage a portfolio of Mode’s fast-growing, small and mid-sized customers to drive success, customer retention, engagement, and expansion
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor: Bring deep curiosity and empathy to our customers with industry expertise, knowledge, business acumen, and technical understanding of Mode’s platform
- Partner to Solve Problems: Work cross-functionally with sales, support, solutions, product, marketing, and other organizations to optimize strategic account plans and resources to deliver on advanced customer needs with Mode
- Connect Customer Value to Commercials: Build trusted partnerships with your customers to deliver value, earning our customers’ business and driving commercial expansion and growth opportunities. Own retention, renewal, and expansion opportunities for your portfolio
What we look for
- Experience in a customer-facing role in customer success or account management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders in various functions
- Prioritize workflows to manage a proactive customer journey for all customers in your portfolio, while assessing risk and identify growth opportunities
- Strong desire to learn and curiosity to understand how things work
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks; you identify the most important initiatives that have the largest impact on achieving your goals
- Motivation to be a champion of customers and represent their voice with empathy
- Passion for helping customers solve problems with technology
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning responsibilities with strong accountability to delivering outcomes
- Technical aptitude and ability to deeply understand Mode’s product, the analytics industry, and the value of modern approaches to working with data
- Alignment with Mode’s values
- Bonus: Experience in the data and analytics space
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $100,000-130,000 OTE to be determined by level. #BI-Remote