Focus Lab is a strategic brand agency building brand leaders through expertise, process, and partnership, and we’re looking for the next addition to our team. We’re a U.S.-based, remote-friendly company with thoughtful, creative professionals, passionate about partnering with good companies. Leveraging our craft and care for others, we exist to unlock the potential in the people around us, both internally and externally. We approach challenges with process-driven intentionality to inform the solutions we create. Craft is our calling card, camaraderie is our brand.
About the role
Role location: Remote, USA
We are looking for a design-focused Content Marketing Specialist to join our Growth team. The ideal candidate can design, own, and execute content production for multiple media types including blog posts, case studies, social, emails, video, podcast, website copy, events, and more for our Focus Lab & Odi brands.
You can expect to
- Design and distribute a range of marketing assets (blogs, social, email, landing pages, etc) to meet quarterly and yearly goals.
- Design and draft case studies to communicate the work we do for external audiences.
- Execute the distribution strategy for marketing content (social, email, video, podcasts, etc).
- Be responsible for creating consistent and quality posts on Instagram, Twitter, Dribbble, and LinkedIn based on overarching marketing objectives.
- Understand our primary audiences per brand, for each social platform, and plan posts accordingly.
- Track web analytics for various content platforms and monitor social analytics to develop an evolving social strategy.
- Foster and engage the Focus Lab & Odi communities by upholding our core values in online interactions.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing Manager in crafting and executing marketing campaigns.
- Edit simple video and podcast content or have the willingness to learn.
An ideal team member demonstrates:
- Detail orientation. Include “Applebees” in your application and earn yourself some bonus points.
- Alignment with our core values.
- Soft skills in the way of your humility, hunger, and people smarts.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and grow in their craft and stay aware of the latest marketing trends.
- A keen eye for design and layout and is adept with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Excellent communication – written and verbal. Comfortable and confident in writing short and long-form content.
- Excellence in working on a team and creating collaboratively with peers.
- Experience with HubSpot or similar marketing platforms preferred but not required.
- The ability to understand our target audiences, their concerns, and produce relevant content.
- The ability to think critically about content to ensure quality standards.
- Unafraid to think strategically and suggest new avenues for our brands.
- Excitement when embracing change – both in platform features and new ideas.
- Ability to be flexible with adjusting schedules (within normal workday) in accordance with shifting Growth team priorities.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a degree or exactly how many years of experience you have. Many of our teammates are self-taught. We’re looking to see that you are a creative thinker and empathic communicator whose love of the craft goes beyond self-expression.
Interested? Cool! Here’s how to apply:
To apply, write us something specific for this application. It doesn’t need to be long; just let us know why you’d make a great addition at Focus Lab and what you see your future looking like with us. There are no bonus points for applying early so take your time; we want to get to know you better!
We understand that candidates won’t check every single box we have here; most of us didn’t when we applied, either. If you are interested, we highly encourage you to still apply!
What happens after you apply?
Our plan is to get through all applications within a week after the job posting closes. Our goal is to start interviewing in June with an ideal start date mid-July.
The job posting will close on Friday, June 16th.
What does the interview process look like?
- A phone call with People Ops to discuss your interest and answer any initial questions you may have.
- A video interview with our Chief Growth Officer to talk about your experience.
- A video interview with a Partner about Focus Lab culture.
The key benefits provided by Focus Lab are:
- Unlimited paid time off. You’ll be encouraged to take a minimum of 20 days outside of holidays and sick time.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans (medical covered at 100% for you, medical and dental covered at 50% for your family dependents) beginning first of the month following hire.
- Life, disability, accident, critical illness, and cancer insurance plans.
- Retirement plan beginning at your one-year anniversary.
- Paid parental, adoption/caregiver leave.
- Opportunity to draw from a monthly wellness stipend as well as home office reimbursement.
- Annual professional development stipend.
- Two week paid holiday rest at the end of the year.
Be who you are with us.
We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We especially welcome people of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ to apply.
At Focus Lab, you’ll find an empathetic crew who checks their egos at the door. We aim to assume the best of each other, strive for excellence in all we do, lean into tough situations, and feel empowered to own our work. Sound like you? Super. We expect you’ll be successful here.