The Content team is in search of a movie and series fanatic for the role of Content Curation Manager. This role will leverage their passion for all kinds of content to drive user engagement to Plex’s multiple global platforms. They will aggregate all “buzz” worthy video content and merchandise it into consumer-friendly collections. This individual will need to strategize the most effective methods to surface content in different locations, whether as on-demand or FAST channel linear programming.
What you’ll do
- Oversee and implement Plex’s overall content strategy, using business intelligence to drive overall platform usage and growth
- Manage day-to-day merchandising of our linear and on-demand workflow from ingestion to publishing
- Use ingenuity and data to develop successful programming schedules
- Create and optimize seasonal and thematic collections throughout the year, identifying audience growth opportunities to match rising trends market-to-market based on catalog availabilities
- Work with Business Development to set acquisition priorities
- Review content catalogs from major and independent content partners
- Suggest new content acquisitions and partnership targets
- Work cross-divisionally with broad spectrum of stakeholders, including Growth, Analytics, Sales, Product, and Engineering to deliver on curation strategies
- Communicate programming content strategy and priorities throughout the organization
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in multi-platform program planning and scheduling
- Experience with content merchandising best practices
- Deep knowledge and passion for all kinds of content (genres, international, classic and new) and content libraries, which they can translate into effective daily strategie
- Ability to analyze audience behavior as it relates to content consumption — deep insight into television and multi-platform viewing habits and evolving media consumption patterns
- Deep understanding of scheduling and programming strategy. Demonstrated ability to manage and maximize content across different channels and platforms
- Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative and asynchronous remote culture across both entertainment and technology industry cultures
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Content Curation Manager who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.