Lambda’s mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power ML engineers at the forefront of AI research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
As a Customer Solutions Engineer at Lambda, you will be the primary technical resource during the sales process as the customer interfaces with Sales and Sales Engineering. You will seek to understand customer goals and pain points, explain Lamba’s products in technical terms and deliver proposals that meet customers’ specific needs. You should be knowledgeable and excited by real-world customer applications in AI and ideally have technical experience to match that excitement.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain expertise in Lambda’s hardware and software tools.
- Demonstrate Lambda’s hardware and software to customers, partner companies, and staff.
- Write/maintain internal and public technical content.
- Provide technical feedback from customers, to Lambda’s product and marketing teams.
- Provide technical feedback/training/coaching to sales and sales engineering teammates
- Work alongside our sales, engineering and operations team to deliver complete and timely solutions.
- Reinforce Lambda’s positive culture throughout the organization.
- Have experience working alongside engineering or sales engineering teams for enterprise hardware and/or software.
- Have interest in the hardware, software, and tools used by our customers.
- Have a basic understanding of operating systems, networking and computer hardware.
- Have experience generating and maintaining technical documentation for internal processes
- Have innate curiosity about our customers and their technical needs
- Keen situational awareness in customer situations, employing diplomacy and tact
- Are self-directed, a fast learner and results driven
- Have a bachelor’s degree in EE, CE, CS, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with providing consultative customer solutions with technologies as below:
- Workstations, servers, networking
- Ethernet, switching, data center power infrastructure
- Experience working with the technologies that underpin our business such as: Deep Learning frameworks, GPU acceleration and cloud computing.
- GPU direct, RDMA, NCCL, Horovod environment
- Experience with distributed GPU training systems and third party ML Ops platforms is a strong plus
- General knowledge of the AI and Machine Learning marketplace and the major players is a strong plus.
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing a high rate of growth and have 10x’d over the last 3 years
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 75, and are growing fast
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.