Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
TITLE: Collections Specialist
LOCATION: West Coast or Remote
*****Must have technology industry experience – seeking candidates in the PST and CST time zones****
Manages key cash collection function for both named customer accounts and Region for Riverbed in the America’s and possibly some International. This role will be responsible for on-time collections, timely escalation and resolution of disputes, cash applications, along with weekly and monthly cash forecasting to projections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and deliver timely AR Statements to customers. These are both generated from Oracle and downloaded to excel and also from D&B Collection Tool
- Manage customer commitment to pay notes in shared file. These will be reported to management weekly for review and proper escalation
- Handle VAT, Sales Tax and Withholding Tax resolution internally and with customer.
- Ensure cash payments are applied in accordance with the customer direction and timely.
- Prepare credit memo requests in accordance with Riverbed Policy
- Escalate customer non-payment escalations
- Be able to work cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent work experience, 5 years minimum
- Good understanding of the quote to cash process
- Proven work experience in collections, hi-tech industry preferred
- Initiative-taker and able to work well independently
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Diligence and high degree of accuracy
- SFDC and Oracle experience
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.