Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
As the Hybrid Classification Coordinator Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Hybrid Classification Coordinators who support daily and administrative functions for the Enterprise Classification Program. There are varying tasks that are time sensitive. Your organization and ability to juggle many competing priorities is essential. You will also serve as an escalation point and exercise independent judgment to make the final decision on certain tasks, and be responsible for executing team trainings as well as assigning team projects as necessary. In addition to managing the Hybrid Classification Coordinators you will be responsible for our team wide training program. This includes ensuring all trainings are update to date and in our training management system. Your other core focus will be on team wide asset management, ensuring that we have the up to date and correct assets to support our program.
- Close partnership with Hybrid Classification Manager
- Identifies projects based on company needs and delegates these tasks to the Hybrid Classification Coordinator team
- Project execution
- People management responsibilities:
- Manage 2-8 Hybrid Classification Coordinators
- Serve as an escalation point for Hybrid Classification Coordinators;
- Conduct regular 1:1s with each Hybrid Classification Coordinator;
- Engage Hybrid Classification Coordinators in skill enhancement opportunities
- Provides support to individual members of Hybrid Classification Coordinator team whenever necessary
- Review contract extension requests to make a decision on behalf of Upwork regarding whether the request can be supported
- Ancillary support for Program Managers
- Be prepared to take on additional responsibility as it arises
- Partner with other Products & Services teams on process updates and improvements.
- Assist with interviewing potential new team members
- Responsible for creating/implementing training for newly-hired Hybrid Classification Coordinators
- Entering all Team Trainings into Upwork’s training management system
- Ensuring that all trainings align with our onboarding passport system as well s the training management system
- Work with team managers to create, organize, and implement new trainings
- Build knowledge assessments to accompany team trainings
- Own team’s training program fully
- Work with Upwork’s Marketing team to ensure all of our assets are up to date and accurate.
- Work with team manager’s and Marketing to create new assets as needed.
- House an inventory of all team assets
- Own team’s asset program fully
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Timely completion of all tasks
- Attendance to required meetings
- Solution driven mindset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- A positive, supportive attitude focused on helping our Freelancers, Clients, at all times while maintaining a focus on compliance
- Ability to partner cross functionally
- Full ownership of your responsibilities
- You are a technology wizard
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.