Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Capital Markets Manager you will be building new funding and refinancing structures for Billie with great focus on capital markets. You will work on new projects, create and give presentations, work and meet with potential funders, and do cross functional work involving the whole organisation. You will execute new funding partnerships and provide reporting to Co-Founders and funders. It is a truly 360-degree role where you would be involved in everything from start to finish.
- Identify alternative financing options with commercial and investment banks, asset managers/pension funds, insurance firms and others to diversify and deliver efficiencies and strong commercial results for Billie
- Propose, negotiate and implement the execution of new, and the refinancing of existing debt facilities, with a specific focus on negotiating commercial and legal documents
- Adhoc attendance at internal committees, product meetings and existing funding discussions with investors / bank partners
- Preparation and review cash flow and other models
- Build and maintain relationships with banks, investors, rating agencies and other financial counter-parties as an ambassador of Billie
- Assist with enhancement of internal controls within the Treasury / capital markets function, including compliance, regulatory and risk management oversight, and attend relevant industry events
- Consider market, macroeconomic and regulatory impacts and update relevant committees where necessary
- Take the lead on special projects within the capital markets team as appropriate and coordinate with other teams on collaborative processes
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Understanding of Fixed Income markets
- Understanding of banks and insurance firms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and preferably German)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in mathematics, finance, engineering, economics or accounting
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office Skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience of securitisation structures or forward flow transactions
- Origination to execution experience in structured finance
- Coding experience
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.