inSided by Gainsight is the leading Customer Success Community Platform that uses the power of community to improve customer engagement. Customer Success is at the heart of everything that we do. It is our motto to bring success to all our customers.
Our B2B customer base nearly tripled in 2021, with rocketship growth forecast for 2022 and a huge milestone when Gainsight, the leader in the CS space, acquired us. We are on a mission to make Customer Success Communities an essential part of brands worldwide.
To achieve this we are looking for A-Players – people who share our passion, embrace change, take initiative and adopt high standards for themselves – to join our team and help us shape the future of customer success.
With Gainsight’s leadership in Customer Success and the power of community-led growth, inSided’s unique capabilities drive product adoption, increase retention and build lasting customer relationships. inSided’s platform is currently used by hundreds of companies including Gainsight, Gong.io, ProductBoard, Sprout Social, Guru, and Zapier. We have the product market fit, and are looking for the right people to begin conversations around it.
inSided by Gainsight is based in Amsterdam with offices in Manhattan, New York City. On both sides of the pond, we have a motivated and entrepreneurial team, who love to brainstorm on new ideas together, and regularly celebrate our continued success (ask about our champagne waterfalls 🍾). The inSided team is currently around 95 employees and are growing rapidly!
About this role
To achieve our forecast for 2022 and beyond, we are looking for an A-player Business Development Representative who would be a part of the founding sales team in New York.
Not only would you beginning and holding initial sales conversations, you’ll also be a key part of having input in creating best practices and crafting the role. You will be an integral member for our Sales organization.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating excitement about inSided. The Customer Success industry is new, and inSided has a unique perspective and solution.
Join inSided and not only will you have an awesome job, but you also shape the future of CS in general. In turn, you’ll get to work alongside an extremely passionate and supportive team, but most importantly you’ll jumpstart your career in an exciting field. The occasional opportunity to go to Amsterdam doesn’t hurt, either. 🙂
If you’re interested in venturing outside the norm and are ready to join a company with a proven business model, we’d love to learn more about you.
This role is predominantly focused on Outbound pipeline generation.
PS – Bonus point for someone with previous experience in being one of the first BDRs.
- Find and develop new business leads and enhance existing relationships.
- Utilize prospecting and research tools (Outreach, Zoominfo, etc), to identify companies that fit our Ideal Customer Profile.
- Coordinate with sales team members to qualify opportunities; prepare for and book pitch meetings with target prospects.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social to connect with new prospects.
- Work closely with the sales team to build and implement appropriate account target plans.
- Work with Marketing to create Targeted Account Lists and work with a tailored ABM strategy
- Focus on quality over quantity of outreach
- ***Think outside the box and get creative to engage prospects, beyond regular calls and emails***
- Self-driven & structured personality, you can work independently and have an intrinsic motivation to be the best.
- 1+ year experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Possess natural curiosity to become an expert in the community space and to get to know your targeted accounts inside out.
- Ability to map key targeted accounts, understand our ICP and articulate our value proposition in creative ways to build top of the funnel pipeline.
- Previous outbound pipeline generation experience is a plus, particularly landing fast-growing SaaS companies.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark at a high-growth company and have loads of fun doing it. Come join us!