About the role
FireHydrant is excited to be hiring a Business Development Representative to support our growing Business Development team and broader Sale Org. In this role, you will have an impactful role in scaling one of the fastest growing companies in the Developer Tooling and Reliability space – owning strategic outbound outreach as well qualifying inbound leads for our Sales account teams. Through your research and collaboration with account teams, you will be generating demand for FireHydrant’s platform and cultivating business relationships to increase our sales pipeline.
The role offers an incredible opportunity for growth, as strong performance will lead to an opportunity to advance into a closing position or other customer-facing roles at FireHydrant.
The work you’ll do
Your main responsibilities will be qualifying prospects and generating demand for FireHydrant. With time, you will become an expert in finding contacts and delivering qualified meetings for your account team.
- Maintain organized and targeted outreach to prospects via email, phone, social media, events, etc.
- Conduct strategic research to help improve messaging, targeting, and generation of quality conversations with prospects/leads
- Coordinate with AEs, SEs, and the Business Development Manager to create a consistent flow of qualified opportunities
- Measure and analyze specific daily, monthly, and quarterly pipeline metrics/results
- Maintain and improve technical knowledge of FireHydrant’s platform, competitors and industry trends
- Continue to develop and improve your sales skills through training and shadowing to increase your sales acumen and performance
- Organize and update internal CRM systems to provide 100% accuracy of data
What we’re looking for
- You’re looking for a foundational role to jumpstart your career in Tech Sales
- You are passionate about contributing to ambitious revenue and growth goals
- You have a track record of high performance, are self-motivated and continually raise the bar for what you believe is achievable
- You have interest or experience selling a technical product in a complex sales process that can include one or multiple stakeholders
- Your interactions with customers and your teammates are led with empathy and integrity
- You are curious, entrepreneurial and capable of picking up complex concepts
- You are accountable and can be depended on to deliver on commitments made
FireHydrant is building the only reliability focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $85,000 OTE ($65,000 base) for BDR, and $95,000 OTE (75k base) for Senior BDR, depending on leveling.
- This is a hybrid role based in NYC
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.