Blockworks is a fast-growing media and information brand that delivers news and research about crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, research, newsletters, podcasts and conferences provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about crypto.
About the Role:
As a breaking news reporter for Blockworks you’ll deliver timely and relevant short-form news articles, several times per day. You will also have the opportunity to work on longer and more in-depth stories on a regular basis.
Ideally you already have a background in finance, business, or digital assets reporting, but we are willing to give opportunities to new graduates with a keen interest in journalism and an awareness of markets.
We strongly emphasize engaging writing that caters to a highly-intelligent audience. Our readers hail from a variety of backgrounds, from the world of traditional finance to crypto enthusiasts, NFT collectors to developers. But they have one thing in common — they’re hunting for smart and informed stories.
- The ability to select intriguing news stories and locate primary and secondary sources.
- A commitment to delivering multiple rapid-fire stories every day.
- Exceptional attention to detail and fact-checking skills.
- Demonstrable writing expertise in crypto or business markets. For entry-level candidates, we’ll want to see an exemplary portfolio of published work in college newspapers and well-defined knowledge of the crypto landscape.
- A strong understanding of journalistic ethics and, ideally, U.S. First Amendment rights.
- The discerning ability to add a clever angle to a news item, and to see the headline others are missing.
Why Join Us?
Our team is expanding, and this is an opportunity for a highly-ambitious person to gain a foothold with a stable company committed to thoughtful growth.
Our goal is to promote quality people from within, and to reward well those who commit to our hard-working, intensely-focused newsroom.
We anticipate that successful candidates will develop the skills, expertise, and contacts to move into a specific beat (for example Web3, DeFi, DAO reporting, regulation) within 9-12 months of starting on the Breaking News desk.
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
Instructions for submitting your application – please read carefully.
- Send a link to your LinkedIn profile or other online resume, and make sure it is up-to-date.
- Send links to THREE work samples – if unpublished, please host them somewhere. On Medium is fine.
- We will NOT open any Word documents, PDFs, or other downloadable attachments. We will accept links to Google docs, but please make sure they are open for viewing.
- In the body of your emailed response, tell us why you are interested in crypto; what you can offer our readers; and why you are the reporter Blockworks needs — right now. *That’s three separate questions.
- Please send your application to email@example.com with “News Reporter + Your Name” in the subject line.
Please visit our website at https://blockworks.co to get a feel for our stories.
We’re committed to Equal Opportunity
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
We are an English-language publication.
For more details on careers with Blockworks please visit https://blockworks.co/careers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org