Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
As a breaking news reporter for Blockworks you’ll deliver timely and relevant short-form news articles, several times per day. You will also have the opportunity to work on longer and more in-depth stories on a regular basis.
Ideally you already have a background in finance, business, or digital assets reporting, but we are willing to give opportunities to new graduates with a keen interest in journalism and an awareness of markets.
We strongly emphasize engaging writing that caters to a highly-intelligent audience. Our readers hail from a variety of backgrounds, from the world of traditional finance to crypto enthusiasts, NFT collectors to developers. But they have one thing in common — they’re hunting for smart and informed stories.
- The ability to select intriguing news stories and locate primary and secondary sources.
- A commitment to delivering multiple rapid-fire stories every day.
- Exceptional attention to detail and fact-checking skills.
- Demonstrable writing expertise in crypto or business markets. For entry-level candidates, we’ll want to see an exemplary portfolio of published work in college newspapers and well-defined knowledge of the crypto landscape.
- A strong understanding of journalistic ethics and, ideally, U.S. First Amendment rights.
- The discerning ability to add a clever angle to a news item, and to see the headline others are missing.
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org