Today, the moment you connect to the internet, ISPs, and most websites focus on learning everything about you. Their goal in this surveillance effort is to build detailed profiles about you to serve their advertising partners better. And in Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should all be able to put our best foot forward and be in control of our stories. As human beings, when we connect, we start every conversation as a closed book. We have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. It is being architected as a merge-mined sidechain on Monero, the biggest privacy-enhancing cryptocurrency. It has a novel construction for a digital-asset issuance layer that will make it highly performant. And most importantly, it is being designed with our primary user in mind: developers. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable, highly scalable, and secure applications without spending months on audits. Yat and Tari are the brainchild of Tari Labs, a fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and freedom-preserving technologies for everyone on Earth. They are both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
And who are you? We’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented.
Tari is 100% open-source and written in Rust end-to-end. To find out more, visit the Tari website and the Tari RFC repository and play around with our mobile wallet. It is being architected as a merge-mined sidechain on Monero, the biggest privacy-enhancing cryptocurrency. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable, highly scalable, and secure applications without spending months on audits.
We want to collaborate with people who push their definition of excellence every day, desire full ownership over their ability to make a meaningful impact, and don’t want to be a cog in a giant machine. We are looking for blockchain engineers to join our base node, wallet, side-chain, mining pool, and support teams.
If that sounds like you, join us!
- You are passionate about privacy, decentralized digital assets, and cryptocurrency.
- You thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions, and adapt quickly to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving environment.
- You are a quick learner and love to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- You understand that privacy is a right and not “just for people with something to hide.”
- You would like to see a world where the internet is a society of peers and not an oligarchy controlled by the state and several megacorps.
- We’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary.
- You want to solve challenging problems in privacy-based cryptocurrencies, scalable side chains, payment channels, and large-scale, decentralized digital asset ecosystems.
- 6 + years experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years working in Rust full-time, or 4+ years part-time.
- You can spend significant periods working in EU daylight hours (7:00 – 17:00 GMT).
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, or Mathematics from a recognized university is a bonus.
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We only care that you’re the best person for the job.